Six Resolutions for a Happier, Healthier You
The beginning of a new year brings about change and a desire to improve. Personal and professional goals help us grow as individuals. From a health standpoint, fitness centers see an increase in patrons who resolved to get in better shape. People also consider what other changes they want to make to feel better and healthier in the new year. Here are six resolutions from our team to help you have a happier and healthier year.
- Resolve to eat healthier. A diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables is ideal for improving the skin’s tone and texture. What you put inside your body is just as important as what you put on your skin. This is because our bodies break down the food we eat into vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help build healthy skin. If you aren’t getting enough of the right foods, your skin will be deprived of the nutrients it needs. To resolve this, ensure you are getting a minimum of 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day. Also, a low glycemic diet has been found to reduce acne. IV therapy with vitamin C, Complex B vitamins and powerful antioxidant glutathione can also be beneficial.
- Drink more water. Most of us don’t drink enough water every day. Water is essential for flushing toxins from the body. If you do not enjoy drinking water, consider adding a slice of lemon or cucumber to give it a fresh taste. Drink at least eight 8oz glasses of water daily. If you exercise or drink coffee, extra water is needed to replenish what you lost.
- Get regular facials. If you want to transform your skin, Hydrafacial is a great way to do it! Perfect for all skin types, Hydrafacial combines the effects of microdermabrasion and chemical peels. The treatment takes only 30 minutes, and results are immediate. Regular Hydrafacials can erase fine lines and wrinkles, firm skin, improves the skin’s texture, shrinks pores, and creates a more even complexion.
- Work out every day. Not only is exercise excellent for helping lose weight and build muscle, but it also helps improve blood pressure, bone density, and lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s, diabetes, osteoporosis, and many cancers. Plus, it improves mood. Most people feel a “high” after exercising due to the endorphins that are released. Resolve to get at least 30 minutes of activity every day. If your goal is to tone and tighten while also build strength, consider Emsculpt, which is the latest non-invasive treatment for building muscle and burning fat. Vanquish also helps get rid of superficial fat.
- Add a retinol product to your skincare regimen. Retinol helps unclog pores, exfoliate and smooth the skin, treats acne, can reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It can also help remove pre-skin cancers. Retinol will make the skin more sensitive to the sun, so it is essential to follow it up with an excellent tinted moisturizer that has 30 SPF. We are pleased to offer retinol products, tinted moisturizers, and great sunscreens.
- Invest in skincare products that work. Each person’s skin has a unique set of requirements. Thankfully, there are plenty of options to reach your skincare goals. We offer advanced skincare products to address many of the concerns our clients have. A skincare consultation will help identify the best products for you.
We are here to help you make the most out of 2020. Give us a call or schedule a consultation to discuss how Amani MedSpa fits into your resolutions.