Decolletage Rejuvenation for Crinkly, Wrinkly Chests
When you live in Florida, you dress for the warm weather – even in the winter. That means tank tops and scoop neck shirts, and lots of sundresses. But if your chest and decolletage (upper chest) show lines and wrinkles, you may sometimes wish you lived in a cooler climate – so that you could cover up a bit more.
Wrinkling of the decolletage and neck comes from years of sun exposure. In fact, 90% of wrinkles, brown spots, and lines are caused by UV exposure. And when you live in sunny Florida, it is hard to escape the sun, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.
Over time, the delicate skin in these areas can develop lines, wrinkles, and brown spots prematurely – meaning earlier than your age would dictate. The use of sunscreen is beneficial, but it won’t eliminate the damage caused by exposure to the sun over a lifetime. Plus, with age comes hormonal changes, which can cause the skin to become dry, more delicate, and less elastic than it was in the younger years. Isn’t aging fun?
Thankfully, there are treatments available that can improve the look of the neck and chest. Decolletage rejuvenation includes treatment options that can be used to erase or reduce lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Hydrafacial – Considered one of the most advanced treatment alternatives to laser skin resurfacing, Hydrafacial is an excellent option for neck and decolletage rejuvenation. The treatment combines the powerful benefits of microdermabrasion and chemical peels to immediately and dramatically improve the appearance of this area. The four-step treatment erases fine lines and wrinkles, tightens skin, improves the skin’s texture, minimizes brown spots, and creates a more even complexion. You can learn more about this treatment here.
- Chemical peels – Chances are, you’ve probably heard of chemical peels. The treatment does what the name implies – it causes the skin to peel or exfoliate over a few days. The exfoliation depth can vary depending on the strength of the peel used and what concerns you want to address. By exfoliating the top layer of skin, your body naturally goes into a healing process, resulting in new, healthier-looking skin.
- Sculptra – Unlike other dermal fillers, Sculptra targets the underlying cause of skin damage. In the case of the decolletage, when Sculptra is injected into the skin, it stimulates collagen production in the body. And while you wait for the collagen to kick into overdrive, you will notice an improvement in your skin. However, it will be short-lived while the real change occurs behind the scenes.
- Microneedling is excellent for stimulating collagen production in the skin. The treatment uses a medical-grade device that houses tiny microneedles gently penetrating the skin, creating micro punctures in the epidermis. This triggers a healing response that boosts collagen and elastin production. It is approved for all skin types. The results of microneedling are immediate and continue to develop over several days and weeks. The number of treatments required depends on the unique needs of your skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing has been around since the 1960s. It is an excellent solution for decolletage rejuvenation. In the treatment, the depth of the laser is controlled, which allows a variety of concerns to be addressed, including fine lines and deep lines and wrinkles, and age spots. We use both the Candela CO2RE and eMatrix Sublative skin resurfacing. We also use IPL or intense pulse light to improve sun-damaged skin.
- IPL – Intense pulsed light is a treatment that uses broad-spectrum light to penetrate the skin surface at the precise location where the damage originates. The IPL treatment triggers the body’s natural response to remove the damaged tissue and regenerate healthy, smoother tissue.
If you have concerns about your decolletage and want to explore treatment options, please schedule a consultation at Amani MedSpa.